Who We Are
Lancaster and Morecambe City of Sanctuary is a collection of volunteer members with the following shared aims:
- Helping to make it practically possible for Lancaster and Morecambe to accommodate refugees and asylum seekers by providing the relevant support such as housing, health, befriending and English lessons.
- Acting as a welcome and support network to those refugees who come to Lancaster and Morecambe.
- Running education activities that educate and inform people about refugees and promote community cohesion.
- Campaigning to ensure Lancaster and Morecambe does its fair share in providing sanctuary to people fleeing war and persecution.
We are made up of a number of individual volunteers as well as various organisations who support and facilitate our work.
- RAIS Lancaster (Refugee Advocacy, Information and Support)
- Global Link
- East Meets West
- Lancaster Churches Together
- Lancaster Quakers
- Lancaster Supports Calais Refugees
- Marsh Community Centre
- 38 Degrees Lancaster
- St Thomas Church
- The Tara Centre
- The Sewing Circle
- Red Rose Refugees
- Claver Hill Community Garden
- Bikes for Lancaster
Lancaster and Morecambe City of Sanctuary, established September 2015.
Registered charity number: 1181282